Privacy notice for PDX Finder-SubmissionServices
This Privacy notice explains what personal data is collected by the specific EMBL-EBI service you are requesting, for what purposes, how it is processed, and how we keep it secure.
Who controls your personal data and how to contact us?
The EMBL data controller's contact details are:
Rolf Apweiler and Ewan Birney, EMBL-EBI Directors
EMBL-EBI, Wellcome Genome Campus, CB10 1SD Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, UK.
The EMBL Data Protection Officer's contact details are:
EMBL Data Protection Officer
EMBL Heidelberg, Meyerhofstraße 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Which is the lawful basis for processing your personal data?
We need your consent to process your personal data. If you do not consent to us processing your personal data, we will not be able to provide you access to the service or we will only provide you a subset of functionalities available within the service.
What personal data do we collect? How do we use this personal data?
We collect the following personal data:
We will use the personal data:
Who will have access to your personal data?
The personal data will be disclosed to:
- Authorised EMBL-EBI staff.
Will your personal data be transferred to third countries (i.e. countries not part of EU/EAA) and/or international organisations?
There are no personal data transfers to third countries or to international organisations.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Any personal data directly obtained from you will be retained for as long as you make use of the service.
Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the right to:
- Not be subject to decisions based solely on an automated processing of data (i.e. without human intervention) without you having your views taken into consideration.
- Request at reasonable intervals and without excessive delay or expense, information about the personal data processed about you. Under your request we will inform you in writing about, for example, the origin of the personal data or the preservation period.
- Request information to understand data processing activities when the results of these activities are applied to you.
- Object at any time to the processing of your personal data unless we can demonstrate that we have legitimate reasons to process your personal data.
- Request free of charge and without excessive delay rectification or erasure of your personal data if we have not been processing it respecting the EMBL Internal Policy for Data Protection.
It must be clarified that rights 4 and 5 are only available whenever the processing of your personal data is not necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- Exercise authority as a data controller.
- Archive for purposes in the public interest, or for historical research purposes, or for statistical purposes.
- Establish, exercise or defend legal claims.