The BioSamples team is part of the Helen Parkinson's team at EMBL-EBI. The team consists of bioinformaticians, ontologists, software engineers and web developers.
If you want to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome enquiries on data submission and data access, as well as more technical issues, e.g. integration with other data bases, linked open data, etc. We aim to respond to all emails within 1 working day.
If you use the Biosamples Database regularly, or maintain software that interacts with it, you may want to keep up to date with any changes and improvements by subscribing to the announcement mailing list.
If you submit information to BioSamples please note that we will handle your submission in accordance with our Submission Privacy Notice.
Publications / how to cite
- Citing BioSamples database: please use the following publication: Faulconbridge A., et al., 2014. Updates to BioSamples database at European Bioinformatics Institute. Nucleic Acids Res, 10.1093/nar/gkt1081. Pubmed ID 24265224.
- Citing BioSamples records in your manuscript: please include your sample and group accession numbers and the URL to BioSamples home page e.g. "Sample meta-data are available in the BioSamples database (http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biosamples) under accession numbers SAMxxxxxx, SAMxxxxxx, SAMxxxxxx, and SAMxxxxxx."
BioSamples has been made possible with the support of our funders:
- European Molecular Biology Laboratory - European Bioinformatics Institute core funds
- European Commission ELIXIR-EXCELERATE
- Wellcome Trust (WT) and Medical Research Council (MRC) - Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Initiative (HipSci)
- Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) - European Bank for induced pluripotent Stem Cells (EBiSC)
- ELIXIR Meta Data implementation study
- Wellcome Trust (WT) - Global Alliance for Genomics and Health (GA4GH)
The BioSamples team would like to thank the following companies for their support: