Travel Fellowship - Application Instructions
The International Society for Biocuration and the Biocuration Conference 2013 are pleased to provide travel fellowships to students, junior curators and people from low income countries or countries suffering from natural disasters. We intend to support 6 applicants.
Applying for a fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive funding.
The travel fellowship will cover your registration and travel costs with 650 GBP. A traveller's check for this amount will be handed over to you at the end of the conference.
Requirements and procedures:
Each applicant for a travel fellowship must satisfy the following conditions:
- The applicant must have been selected for a poster or oral presentation. However, those who have not yet submitted an abstract are also eligible; please submit your abstract with the travel sponsorship application. Only the presenting author from a multi-author abstract may apply for a fellowship.
- The applicant must submit an accompanying letter explaining why s/he is requesting travel funds: please remember we are trying to encourage junior curators, people originated from low income countries or countries suffering from natural disasters.
Application materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applicant should review visa requirements and make any necessary arrangements.
- Application deadline: 1st March, 2013
- Notification of acceptance: 8th March, 2013
- Conference: April 7-10, 2013