You are here
Ensembl release 91
Ensembl release 91
Ensembl 91 is now live! Find out about the new and updated data and tools below:
New species, gene sets and annotations
Twelve new Primate Genomes:
- Nancy Ma’s night monkey (Aotus nancymaae)
- White-headed capuchin (Cebus capucinus)
- Sooty mangabey (Cercocebus atys)
- Angola colobus (Colobus angolensis ssp. palliatus)
- Crab-eating macaque (Macaca fasicularis)
- Southern pig-tailed macaque (Macaca nemestrina)
- Drill (Mandrillus leucophaeus)
- Bonobo (Pan paniscus)
- Coquerel’s sifaka (Propithecus coquereli)
- Black snub-nosed monkey (Rhinopithecus bieti)
- Golden snub-nosed monkey (Rhinopithecus roxellana)
- Black-capped/Bolivian squirrel monkey (Saimiri boliviensis ssp. boliviensis)
Updates to six existing primate genomes:
- Chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes, Pan_tro_3.0)
- Gibbon (Nomascus leucogenys, Nleu_3.0)
- Gorilla (Gorilla gorilla spp. gorilla, gorGor4)
- Mouse lemur (Microcebus murinus, Mmur_3.0)
- Olive baboon (Papio anubis, Panu_3.0)
- Tarsier (Carlito syrichta, Tarsius_syrichta-2.0.1)
All comparative genomics tools and views will now include these species, and microarray probe mappings have been added.
Updates to other species:
- Updated cat genome assembly, Felis catus v8.0.
- The Ensembl-HAVANA GENCODE gene setupdate for mouse (vM16).
- Updated annotation for Fruitfly (dmel_r6.17) from the FlyBase release FB2017_04 and C. elegans from WormBase release WS260.
New tool: Linkage Disequilibrium Calculator
A new tool is now available for calculating linkage disequilibrium (LD) between variants. Currently available for human data only, you can find LD data for all the different populations in the 1000 Genomes Project.
Find out more
You can read more about the release on the Ensembl blog.
A complete list of all the changes in release 91 can be found on the Ensembl website.
If you would like to learn more about these exciting updates, see live demos of the new features, and ask questions to the Ensembl team, please register for the release webinar at 4pm (GMT) on Wednesday 13th of December.