Our group seeks to elucidate the principles of protein structure evolution, higher order protein structure and protein folding, and the principles underlying protein complex formation and organization. We have a longstanding interest in understanding gene expression regulation, and in our wetlab at the Sanger Institute use mouse T helper cells as a model of cell differentiation.
Welcome to the Teichmann Group
- 2015 Jan. Congratulations to Xiuwei --- she received the Simons-Berkeley Research Fellowship to spend the Spring semester of 2016 at Berkeley, and she won a poster award from the GRC Stochastic Physics in Biology Meeting!
- 2014 Dec. Congratulations to Tina Perica and co-authors on their paper "Evolution of oligomeric state through allosteric pathways that mimic ligand binding" (abstract, full paper, PDF) which is published in Science!
- 2014 Dec. Liora was granted an EMBL Interdisciplinary Postdocs (EIPOD) fellowship! Congratulations Liora!
- 2014 Aug. Congratulations to Sarah, who received the Michael and Kate Bárány Award from The Biophysical Society.
2014 May. Punting and brunch at Trinity were organized to celebrating Joe's new start in Edinburgh, as well as Johan and Sougata arriving. We have some very nice pictures from the event.
2014 May. The call for ESPOD (EBI-Sanger postdoctoral fellowships) applications is now open!
2014 Apr. Happy Birthday to Sarah! Ola and Tomi prepared this wonderful present:
2014 Feb. Happy Birthday to Tomi and Valentine! (Very delicious and beautiful cake made by Ola)
2013 Dec. A figure from Joe's paper which will appear in the 2014 February Issue of BioEssays has been chosen as the cover figure for that issue!
- 2013 Oct. A lot was going on in our lab in October. We sadly said farewell to Tina, who moved to UCSF as a Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellow to work with Tanja Kortemme, and collaborate with Nevan Krogan and Janet Thornton. We also welcomed five new group members: Xi Chen, Ricardo Miragaia, Kedar Natarajan, Jhuma Pramanik and Mike Stubbington! We had a party to celebrate all of this: morning punting and having brunch in Trinity college. Photos are available here.
- Winner of 2013 Nobel Prize in Chemistry
Michael Levitt and Sarah, at the Trinity Midsummer Feast (July 2013)
2013 Sep. A cinnamon TCM cappuccino
- The Gaggia coffee machine in the Theory of Condensed Matter (TCM) group is a major bonus of Sarah's affiliation at the Cavendish Laboratory (Dept Physics, Cambridge). The coffee sprinkles on this cappuccino magically happened to spell out "TCM" ;-)
- 2013 Jul. We are looking forward to moving into the EBI new building in September! For an early visit to our future offices see here.
- 2013 Apr. The Sanger-EBI Single Cell Genomics Centre is up and running! Here is the news page.
- 2013 Apr. Congratulations to Joe Marsh and co-authors on their finding that protein complexes assemble via conserved pathways, published in Cell! Here is the EBI news item.
- 2013 Apr. Welcome to Prof. Ina Koch, who is visiting us during her sabbatical year. photos
- 2013 Mar. The start of the Sanger-EBI Single Cell Genomics Centre. photos
- 2013 Mar. Welcome to Dr. Gozde Kar and Dr. Tapio Lonnberg! Both Gozde and Tapio just joined us as postdoctral fellows.
- 2013 Feb. TCB reunion party of Teichmann/Chothia/Babu groups at Cyrus' house. photos
- 2013 Jan. Our group has moved to the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus in Hinxton. photos of our lab