The Bioinformatics Roadshow - Slovenia
What will I learn?
You will learn about several of the EBI biological databases and information services in the areas of genomics, proteomics, and protein structure/classification/interactions. More specifically, these will include:-
- Ensembl website: how to navigate and retrieve information; including functional genomics and variation.
- To understand the fundamentals of protein structures; to learn how to search, retrieve, visualise and analyse structures.
- To understand and explore the UniProt databases as well as to understand the different methods used to predict protein classification (InterPro).
- To understand what is to be found in a molecular interaction database and how to effectively search, retrieve and display the data in IntAct.
- To understand the nature of the data stored in Reactome and how to explore reactions and pathways using the Reactome web pages.
|Topic / Room||Trainer||Duration|
|Tuesday 16th February, 2010|
|Genomes / Ensembl - Room 1
Proteomes / UniProt / InterPro / ChEBI / IntAct / Reactome - Room 2
|Wednesday 17th February, 2010|
|Proteomes / UniProt / InterPro / ChEBI / IntAct / Reactome - Room 1
Genomes / Ensembl - Room 2
|Thursday 18th February, 2010|
|Structures / PDBe exploration - Room 1 & Room 2||Jawahar Swaminathan||1 day|
Please note that Registration is already full for this event. If you are interested to join the waiting list should a late place become available please do register your interest by using the link below. Items marked * are mandatory. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
A limited number of travel fellowships are available for SLING roadshows. Fellowships are only applicable to persons travelling from outside the host institute and attending for the full duration of the course. Fellowships contribute towards the cost of travel, accommodation and subsistence. If you wish to be considered for a fellowship please indicate this on your registration and complete a bursary application form.
Bursary application form
Only complete bursary applications received before the bursary deadline of 18 December, 2009 will be considered. Selection will take place within 4 weeks of this date and successful applicants will be notified before close of final registration on 22 January, 2010.
For further information, to register interest, or enquire about hosting a roadshow - please contact the EMBL-EBI Events Team, T: +44 (0)1223 494444.
The Bioinformatics Roadshow is funded by the European Commission under SLING, grant agreement number 226073 (Integrating Activity) within Research Infrastructures of the FP7 Capacities Specific Programme.