The Bioinformatics Roadshow - Lisbon, Portugal
What will I learn?
- To learn about the different sequence searching tools available at the EBI and which ones are appropriate for different applications.
- To understand, search and retrieve information from proteins databases: sequence, family, motifs, domains and structure.
- To learn about PDBe services, function from structure and other resources and tools for protein structure data.
- To search public databases such as ChEMBL and PubChem, for small molecules of biological interest and use related bioinformatics databases and services that cross-reference small molecule data.
- Small RNA's overview and related bioinformatics resources.
|Tuesday 9th February, 2010|
Exploring Protein Database
Interactions, Enzymes and Pathways
|Sandra Orchard and James Watson||1 day|
|Wednesday 10th February, 2010|
|The World of Small RNA||Anton Enright||3 hours|
|Cheminformatics||Patricia Bento||3 hours|
|Thursday 11th February, 2010|
|Structures exploration||James Watson||1 day|
Please complete the registration, standard registration closes 11 January, 2010. Items marked * are mandatory. Incomplete registrations will not be processed.
Registration is now closed
A limited number of travel fellowships are available for SLING roadshows. Fellowships are only applicable to persons travelling from outside the host institute and attending for the full duration of the course. Fellowships cover a maximum EUR500 per person towards the cost of travel, accommodation and subsistence. If you wish to be considered for a fellowship please indicate this on your registration and complete a bursary application form.
Bursary application form
Only complete bursary applications received before the bursary deadline of 18 December, 2009 will be considered. Selection will take place within 3 weeks of this date and successful applicants will be notified before close of final registration on 11 January, 2010.
For further information, to register interest, or enquire about hosting a roadshow - please contact the EMBL-EBI Events Team, T: +44 (0)1223 494444.
The Bioinformatics Roadshow is funded by the European Commission under SLING, grant agreement number 226073 (Integrating Activity) within Research Infrastructures of the FP7 Capacities Specific Programme.