The Bioinformatics Roadshow - North East USA
Harvard School of Public Health/Dana Farber Cancer Institute AND North Western (Chicago) AND University of Pennsylvania,
Date:Thursday, April 22, 2010 - Friday, April 30, 2010
Alison Barker , EMBL-EBI, UK
Participation:First come, first served
What will I learn?
- Ensembl website: how to navigate and retrieve information; including functional genomics and variation.
- How Ensembl calculates orthologies/paralogies and identifies functional genomics elements in transcriptonal regulation.
- How variation (ie SNPs, insertions and deletions) are displayed and used to calculate haplotypes.
- How to browse and retrieve data from the ArrayExpress public repository of transcriptomics data and from the Atlas of Gene Expression.
- To understand the nature of the data stored in Reactome and learn how to explore reactions and pathways using the Reactome web pages.
Please complete the feedback survey
For further information, to register interest, or enquire about hosting a roadshow - please contact the EMBL-EBI Events Team, T: +44 (0)1223 494444.