The Bioinformatics Roadshow - City of Hope
City of Hope, Duarte, Los Angeles,
Date:Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Participation:Open application with selection
What will I learn?
- Ensembl website: how to navigate and retrieve information; including functional genomics and variation.
- How Ensembl calculates orthologies/paralogies and identifies functional genomics elements in transcriptonal regulation.
- How variation (ie SNPs, insertions and deletions) are displayed and used to calculate haplotypes.
- Microarray data standards, ontologies and formats
- How to browse and retrieve data from the ArrayExpress public repository of transcriptomics data and from the Atlas of Gene Expression.
- Exploring analysis and brief overview of R/BioConductor.
|Tuesday 19th January, 2010|
|Introduction to Ensembl
Worked Example & hands-on
Datamining with BioMart - Presentation and hands-on
Comparative Genomics - Presentation and hands-on
Variation - Presentation and hands-on
Uploading your own data - Presentation and hands-on
|Wednesday 20th January, 2010|
|Morning Session||Microarray data standards, ontologies and formats
Introduction to ArrayExpress (AE) Archive
Microarray data submission to AE archive (array based and sequencing based)
Microarray data meta-analysis at the EBI
Introduction to Gene Expression Atlas
|Afternoon Session||Exploratory Analysis
Data-analysis in transcriptomics
RNA-seq for large scale transcriptomics
Brief overview of R/BioConductor
For further information, to register interest, or enquire about hosting a roadshow - please contact the EMBL-EBI Events Team, T: +44 (0)1223 494444.