The Bioinformatics Roadshow - Vilnius, Lithuania
What will I learn?
- To understand the organisation of the UniProt databases and learn where to find different types of data.
- To understand the different methods used to predict protein classification.
- What is an ontology and why is it important?
- Methods of annotating GO
- To understand what is to be found in a molecular interaction database.
- To understand the nature of the data stored in Reactome.
- To understand the fundamentals of protein structures - tertiary and quaternary structures and structure quality.
- To learn how to search, retrieve, visualise and analyse structures and their bound inhibitor, or drug molecule environments.
- To analyse similar structures, small structural motifs and similar interfaces.
|Thursday 4 November 2010|
|09:30-11:00||UniProt / InterPro||Lorenzo Cerutti|
|11:15-12:00||UniProt / InterPro||Lorenzo Cerutti|
|Friday 5 November 2010|
|09:00-11:00||PDBe database and tools||Jawahar Swaminathan/Matthew Conroy|
|11:15-12:30||PDBe database and tools||Jawahar Swaminathan/Matthew Conroy|
|13:30-15:00||PDBe database and tools||Jawahar Swaminathan/Matthew Conroy|
|15:30-17:00||PDBe database and tools||Jawahar Swaminathan/Matthew Conroy|
Please complete the registration, standard registration closes 4 October 2010. Items marked * are mandatory. Incomplete registrations will not be processed.
A limited number of travel fellowships are available for SLING roadshows. Fellowships are only applicable to persons travelling from outside the host institute and attending for the full duration of the course. Fellowships cover a maximum EUR500 per person towards the cost of travel, accommodation and subsistence. If you wish to be considered for a fellowship please indicate this on your registration and complete a bursary application form.
Bursary application form
Only complete bursary applications received before the bursary deadline of 3 September 2010 will be considered. Selection will take place within 3 weeks of this date and successful applicants will be notified before close of final registration on 4 October 2010.
For further information, to register interest, or enquire about hosting a roadshow - please contact the EMBL-EBI Events Team, T: +44 (0)1223 494444.
The Bioinformatics Roadshow is funded by the European Commission under SLING, grant agreement number 226073 (Integrating Activity) within Research Infrastructures of the FP7 Capacities Specific Programme.