The Bioinformatics Roadshow - Bratislava, Slovakia
What will I learn?
- To understand the fundamentals of protein structures - tertiary and quaternary structures and structure quality.
- To learn how to search, retrieve, visualise and analyse structures and their bound inhibitor, or drug molecule environments.
- To analyse similar structures, small structural motifs and similar interfaces.
- To understand the organisation of the UniProt databases and learn where to find different types of data.
- To learn how to use the database effectively to mine the wealth of annotation and supplementary information.
- To gain practical experience in querying the database, including sequence searching, retrieval and alignment.
- To understand the technologies and data analyses used in mass spectrometry-based proteomics.
- To introduce two PRIDE auxiliary projects: OLS (ontology look-up service) and PICR (protein identifier cross-reference service).
- To gain practical experience in querying the database and extracting information about identifications of proteins, peptides and protein modifications.
|Wednesday 6 October 2010|
|09:30-11:00||Structures||Jawahar Swaminathan/Matthew Conroy|
|11:15-12:30||Structures||Jawahar Swaminathan/Matthew Conroy|
|13:30-15:00||Structures||Jawahar Swaminathan/Matthew Conroy|
|15:15-17:00||Structures - Structure Validation||Jawahar Swaminathan/Matthew Conroy|
|Thursday 7 October 2010|
|09:00-10:30||Protein Interactions||Sandra Orchard|
|11:00-12:30||Protein Interactions and Network Visualisation||Sandra Orchard|
|15:30-17:00||PRIDE (+OLS+PICR)||Juan Vizcaino|
Please complete the registration, standard registration closes 3 September 2010. Items marked * are mandatory. Incomplete registrations will not be processed.
A limited number of travel fellowships are available for SLING roadshows. Fellowships are only applicable to persons travelling from outside the host institute and attending for the full duration of the course. Fellowships cover a maximum EUR500 per person towards the cost of travel, accommodation and subsistence. If you wish to be considered for a fellowship please indicate this on your registration andcomplete a bursary application form.
Bursary application form
Only complete bursary applications received before the bursary deadline of 6 August 2010 will be considered. Selection will take place within 3 weeks of this date and successful applicants will be notified before close of final registration on 3 September 2010.
Visit the institute's website
For further information, to register interest, or enquire about hosting a roadshow - please contact the EMBL-EBI Events Team, T: +44 (0)1223 494444.
The Bioinformatics Roadshow is funded by the European Commission under SLING, grant agreement number 226073 (Integrating Activity) within Research Infrastructures of the FP7 Capacities Specific Programme.