The Bioinformatics Roadshow - TIGEM, Naples, Italy
What will I learn?
- How to navigate the Ensembl website and retrieve information;
- How Ensembl calculates orthologies/paralogies and identifies functional genomics elements in transcriptonal regulation;
- How variation (ie SNPs, insertions and deletions) are displayed and used to calculate haplotypes.
- How to browse and retrieve data from the ArrayExpress public repository of transcriptomics data and from the Atlas of Gene Expression.
- To understand the organisation of the UniProt databases and learn where to find different types of data.
- To learn how to use the database effectively to mine the wealth of annotation and supplementary information.
- To gain practical experience in querying the database, including sequence searching, retrieval and alignment.
- To understand the nature of the data stored in Reactome.
- To learn how to explore reactions and pathways using the Reactome web pages.
- To gain familiarity with specialised tools, such as analysis of expression data.
|Thursday 1 July 2010 - Ensembl|
Introduction to Ensembl
Browsing Ensembl and BioMart
Variations in Ensembl
Comparative Genomics in Ensembl
|Friday 2 July 2010 - Expression, proteins and Pathways|
|09:30-10:30||ArrayExpress and Atlas||Gabriella Rustici|
|11:00-12:30||ArrayExpress and Atlas||Gabriella Rustici|
Visit the Institute's website
For further information, to register interest, or enquire about hosting a roadshow - please contact the EMBL-EBI Events Team, T: +44 (0)1223 494444.
The Bioinformatics Roadshow is funded by the European Commission under SLING, grant agreement number 226073 (Integrating Activity) within Research Infrastructures of the FP7 Capacities Specific Programme.