What can/can't I do with IntAct?
What can I do with IntAct?
- Find the molecules that interact with your protein of interest.
- Look more deeply into individual experiments to gain both a degree of confidence in the specific interaction and its functional consequence.
- Graphically display small interaction networks.
- Query across additional resources via PSICQUIC.
- Rapidly transfer data into Cytoscape for further analysis.
- Visualise minimal connecting networks for protein sets.
- Download data in PSI-MI XML and tabular formats.
What can't I do with IntAct?
- IntAct is not a network analysis tool. For in-depth analysis of your network you need to use other software tools, such as Cytoscape.
- The graphical display capabilities of IntAct are limited. You will not be able to represent very large sets of results in IntAct.
- IntAct represents only physical molecular interactions. Other interactions such as genetic interactions can be found in other resources such as BioGRID, but not in IntAct.