This course will introduce the field of genomics and provide an overview of the different resources at the EBI which are related to this field. The course is aimed at graduates in the life sciences or related subjects, with an interest in using bioinformatics resources to solve problems related to genome biology.
An undergraduate degree in a life science subject or some background in DNA structure or composition would be an advantage.
About this course
- Know what genomics is and the genomics resources available at the EBI
- Know what Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes are
- Know what the European Nucleotide Archive (ENA) is
- Know what the European Genome–phenome Archive (EGA) is
- Know what the difference between Ensembl and Ensembl Genomes and when to use them