The ENCODE (Encyclopaedia of DNA Elements) project attempts to identify all of the functional elements in the human genome. This talk by Steven Wilder from ENCODE examines the aims and progress of the ENCODE project. It covers:
- The strategy of the project and the rationale for that.
- The kinds of data included and from what sources.
- How to access the data in various ways.
- Reproducability of the data published by the project.
- The analysis pipeline.
- Biological validation of ENCODE data.