Introduction to EBI Resources - Queen Mary University of London, UK
An introduction the European Molecular Biology Laboratory, European Bioinformatics Institute. The workshop will introduce ways to navigate the website, search EBI database resources and access useful information and metadata. It will also highlight additional resources such as Train Online.
The workshop is aimed at PhD, post-doctoral researchers and principle investigators working in wet-lab biology. Participants who are looking for a basic introduction to the bioinformatics resources offered by the EBI and want to know more about accessing and submitting biological data.
After this course you should be able to…
- Navigate the EBI website to locate tools, databases and resources of interet
- Utilize EBI Search to locate relevant data and information
- Follow hyperlinks through various resources to access additional information
- Relate examples and use cases back to participant’s own research
- Know how to contact the EBI Helpdesk and access Train Online materials
|Day 1 - 29 October 2013|
|Introduction the EBI resources||Sarah Morgan/Laura Emery/Tom Hancocks|
|16:00||Feedback and end of workshop|
This course is available by invitation only to Queen Mary 3rd year undergraduates - module in genomics.