Introduction to EBI Resources - Cambridge University, UK
An introduction the European Molecular Biology Laboratory, European Bioinformatics Institute. The workshop will introduce ways to navigate the website, search EBI database resources and access useful information and metadata. It will also highlight additional resources such as Train Online.
The workshop is aimed at PhD, post-doctoral researchers and principle investigators working in wet-lab biology. Participants who are looking for a basic introduction to the bioinformatics resources offered by the EBI and want to know more about accessing and submitting biological data.
After this course you should be able to…
- Navigate the EBI website to locate tools, databases and resources of interet
- Utilize EBI Search to locate relevant data and information
- Follow hyperlinks through various resources to access additional information
- Relate examples and use cases back to participant’s own research
- Know how to contact the EBI Helpdesk and access Train Online materials
|Day 1 - 14 February 2014
|13:35||Introduction the EBI||Laura Emery/Tom Hancocks|
|14:00||Introduction to EBI databases||Laura Emery/Tom Hancocks|
|14:30||Introduction to EBI Search||Laura Emery/Tom Hancocks|
|15:30||Practical exercises, worked examples and discussions||Laura Emery/Tom Hancocks|
|16:30||Course Feedback and end of workshop|
Details of how to register for this event can be found here: http://training.csx.cam.ac.uk/event/1063632