Overview for MACiE Entry M0319
EC Number: 18.104.22.168 (A member of the Oxidoreductases, Acting on NADH or NADPH, With other acceptors)
Enzyme Name: NADPH dehydrogenase
Biological Species: Saccharomyces pastorianus (Brewer's Yeast)
Catalytic Chain UniprotKB Accession Codes:
- Q02899 - NADPH dehydrogenase 1
Representative PDB Code: 1oya - OLD YELLOW ENZYME AT 2 ANGSTROMS RESOLUTION: OVERALLSTRUCTURE, LIGAND BINDING AND COMPARISON WITH RELATEDFLAVOPROTEINS (Resolution = 2.00 Å).
Catalytic CATH Codes:
Display structure information
Overall Comment: NADPH dehydrogenase, or old yellow enzyme (OYE), isolated from Candida albicans, is a NADPH oxidoreductase. Its FMN cofactor is reduced by NADPH, and in turn goes on to reduce the substrate. OYE is thought to be involved in general detoxification within the cell. This mechanism describes the reduction of an alpha,beta-unsaturated ketone.
View similar reactions
Stepwise Description of the Reaction
|Step 1||NADP reduces the FMN cofactor.|
|Step 2||The anionic FMN intermediate acts as a hydride donor to the a-b unsaturated substrate. Tyr196 acts as the proton donor in the trans reduction of the substrate double bond.|
|Step 3||The Tyr196A is reprotonated by a solvent molecule.|
View similar reactions (composite manual annotation)
Catalytic Residues Involved
||Location of Function
Organic Cofactors for M0319
- B. J. Brown et al. (2001), J. Biol. Chem., 277, 2138-2145. The role of glutamine 114 in old yellow enzyme.
- B. J. Brown et al. (1998), J. Biol. Chem., 273, 32753-32762. On the active site of Old Yellow Enzyme. Role of histidine 191 and asparagine 194.
- K. M. Fox et al. (1994), Structure, 2, 1089-1105. Old yellow enzyme at 2 A resolution: overall structure, ligand binding, and comparison with related flavoproteins.
- D. Xu et al. (1999), Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 96, 3556-3561. The role of threonine 37 in flavin reactivity of the old yellow enzyme.
- R. M. Kohli et al. (1998), J. Biol. Chem., 273, 32763-32770. The oxidative half-reaction of Old Yellow Enzyme. The role of tyrosine 196.
Homologue information for M0319 (1oya)
MACiE Homologues (within the PDB)
MACiE Homologues (within UniprotKB/SwissProt)
Entries with at least one Catalytic CATH code in common (different mechanisms):
|M0102 ||L-lactate dehydrogenase (cytochrome) |
|M0108 ||2,4-dienoyl-CoA reductase (NADPH) |
|M0109 ||dihydroorotate oxidase |
|M0111 ||glutamate synthase (ferredoxin) |
|M0114 ||trimethylamine dehydrogenase |
|M0148 ||transaldolase |
|M0008 ||nicotinate-nucleotide diphosphorylase (carboxylating) |
|M0243 ||pyridoxine 5'-phosphate synthase |
|M0050 ||orotidine-5'-phosphate decarboxylase |
|M0252 ||indole-3-glycerol-phosphate synthase |
|M0236 ||3-dehydro-L-gulonate-6-phosphate decarboxylase |
|M0052 ||fructose-bisphosphate aldolase (Class II) |
|M0222 ||fructose-bisphosphate aldolase (Class I) |
|M0054 ||3-dehydroquinate dehydratase (type I) |
|M0230 ||porphobilinogen synthase |
|M0267 ||dihydrodipicolinate synthase |
|M0270 ||ribulose-phosphate 3-epimerase |
|M0324 ||triosephosphate isomerase |
|M0223 ||pyruvate carboxylase |
View a comparison of the other reactions in MACiE with the CATH domain 22.214.171.124
Links to this entry in other databases