Overview for MACiE Entry M0218
EC Number: 126.96.36.199 (A member of the Hydrolases, Acting on ester bonds, Carboxylic-ester hydrolases)
Enzyme Name: triacylglycerol lipase
Biological Species: Equus caballus (Horse)
Catalytic Chain UniprotKB Accession Codes:
- P29183 - Pancreatic triacylglycerol lipase
Representative PDB Code: 1hpl - HORSE PANCREATIC LIPASE. THE CRYSTAL STRUCTURE AT 2.3ANGSTROMS RESOLUTION (Resolution = 2.30 Å).
Display structure information
Overall Comment: Although this enzyme binds a calcium ion, it is distant from the active site and not involved in catalysis.
View similar reactions
Stepwise Description of the Reaction
|Step 1||His263 (part of a Ser-His-Asp triad) deprotonates Ser152, which attacks the carboxy carbon of the triacylglycerol substrate in a nucleophilic addition.|
|Step 2||The oxyanion collapses, initiating an elimination of the diacylglycerol product, which deprotonates His263 and acylated Ser152.|
|Step 3||His263 deprotonates water, which attacks the carboxyl carbon of the acylated Ser152 in a nucleophilic addition.|
|Step 4||The oxyanion collapses, initiating an elimination of the carboxylate product, and Ser152, which deprotonates His263.|
View similar reactions (composite manual annotation)
Catalytic Residues Involved
||Location of Function
||Main Chain Amide
||Main Chain Amide
- M. E. Lowe (1997), J. Nutr., 127, 549-557. Molecular mechanisms of rat and human pancreatic triglyceride lipases.
- Y. Bourne et al. (1994), J. Mol. Biol., 238, 709-732. Horse pancreatic lipase. The crystal structure refined at 2.3 A resolution.
- R.J. Kazlauskas (1994), Trends Biotechnol., 12, 464-472. Elucidating structure-mechanism relationships in lipases: prospects for predicting and engineering catalytic properties.
- H. van Tilbeurgh et al. (1993), Nature, 362, 814-820. Interfacial activation of the lipase-procolipase complex by mixed micelles revealed by X-ray crystallography.
Homologue information for M0218 (1hpl)
MACiE Homologues (within the PDB)
MACiE Homologues (within UniprotKB/SwissProt)
Entries with at least one Catalytic CATH code in common (different mechanisms):
|M0248 ||chloride peroxidase |
|M0169 ||dipeptidyl-peptidase IV |
|M0005 ||carboxypeptidase D |
|M0217 ||hydroxynitrilase |
View a comparison of the other reactions in MACiE with the CATH domain 188.8.131.520
Links to this entry in other databases