Overview for MACiE Entry M0178
EC Number: 188.8.131.52 (A member of the Hydrolases, Acting on acid anhydrides, Acting on acid anhydrides to catalyse transmembrane movement of substances)
Enzyme Name: H+-transporting two-sector ATPase
Biological Species: Bos taurus (Cow)
Catalytic Chain UniprotKB Accession Codes:
- P19483 - ATP synthase subunit alpha, mitochondrial
- P00829 - ATP synthase subunit beta, mitochondrial
Representative PDB Code: 1e79 - BOVINE F1-ATPASE INHIBITED BY DCCD(DICYCLOHEXYLCARBODIIMIDE) (Resolution = 2.4 Å).
Catalytic CATH Codes:
- 184.108.40.2060 - P-loop containing nucleotide triphosphate hydrolases
"Other" CATH Codes:
Display structure information
Overall Comment: The hydrolysis of ATP by F1-ATPase is coupled to the transmembrane proton transfer in F0. Together they form the F1-F0-adenosine triphosphate synthase. There are three active sites working in a cooperative manner.
View similar reactions
Stepwise Description of the Reaction
|Step 1||The gamma phopshate of ATP deprotonates the first water, which deprotonates a second water, which attacks the gamma phosphate in a nucleophilic addition resulting in a pentavalent phosphate intermediate.|
|Step 2||The pentavalent phosphate collapses, releasing orthophosphate and ADP.|
View similar reactions (composite manual annotation)
Catalytic Residues Involved
||Location of Function
Metal Cofactors for M0178
- M. Dittrich et al. (2004), Biophys. J., 87, 2954-2967. ATP hydrolysis in the betaTP and betaDP catalytic sites of F1-ATPase.
- C. Gibbons et al. (2000), Nat. Struct. Biol., 7, 1055-1061. The structure of the central stalk in bovine F(1)-ATPase at 2.4 A resolution.
Homologue information for M0178 (1e79)
MACiE Homologues (within the PDB)
MACiE Homologues (within UniprotKB/SwissProt)
Entries with at least one Catalytic CATH code in common (different mechanisms):
|M0212 ||nitrogenase |
|M0290 ||adenylate kinase |
|M0154 ||estrone sulfotransferase |
|M0074 ||dethiobiotin synthase |
View a comparison of the other reactions in MACiE with the CATH domain 220.127.116.110
Links to this entry in other databases