EBI-Sanger postdoctoral fellowships
Because EMBL-EBI and the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute share the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, close collaborations are common and strongly encouraged by both institutes. Our researchers have easy access to scientific expertise, well-equipped facilities and an active seminar programme. The EBI–Sanger Postdoctoral (ESPOD) Programme builds on the collaborative relationship between the two institutes, offering projects that combine experimental (wet-lab) and computational (dry-lab) approaches.
You may select your project from the following pre-defined areas:
- Project 1: Systematic Characterisation of non-coding RNA: Protein interactions and their biological impact (Enright/Choudhary)
- Project 2: Co-‐evolution of the human genome and microbiome (Finn/Lawley)
- Project 3: Implementation of a live, cloud-based cancer genome analysis toolkit analyzing GEL data (Gerstung/Campbell)
- Project 4: Combining systems genetics and multidimensional functional genomics approaches to understand the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis (Stegle/Zeggini)
- Project 5: Human genetics meets single cell transcriptomics to unravel immune disease processes (Stegle/Teichmann/Trynka)
Fellowships will be awarded after a competitive selection process, with applications being linked to specific projects defined in advance of the application deadline.
Application and selection
ESPOD application deadline
The Call for applications is now OPEN!
The deadline for submission of the online application and self-proposed projects is 24 July 2015 (23:59 UK time)
Please submit your application online via www.embl.org/jobs. Your application should include the following:
- A cover letter specifying the project you are applying for (see the list on this page);
- Your curriculum vitae;
- Two recent letters of reference.
If you choose to propose a project that is not on the list, submit a full description (maximum: 1000 words) to the PI you would like to work with. This description must be pre-approved by the group and team leaders involved before you submit the application.
ONLY self-proposed project applications should be submitted via e-mail: email@example.com. Other applications should be submitted through the EMBL jobs page (see above).
Interviews and selection process
Panel interviews will take place on Wednesday 30 September. Invited candidates will be available to vist EMBL-EBI and the Sanger Institute prior to the interview on Tuesday 29 September. During this time candiates will meet with the group leaders associated with the project of interest and group members.
Fellowships typically begin in mid-October. Although the start date may be delayed with the agreement of the group leaders, the ESPOD must be undertaken within 12 months of the fellowship being awarded.
Contract Duration: 3 years
Grading: EMBL stipend rates. Details concerning stipend will be provided to those candidates who are invited to interview.