EC 22.214.171.124: Taurochenodeoxycholate 6-alpha-hydroxylase
(1) Taurochenodeoxycholate + NADPH + O(2) = taurohyocholate + NADP(+) + H(2)O. (2) Lithocholate + NADPH + O(2) = hyodeoxycholate + NADP(+) + H(2)O.
- Requires cytochrome b5 for maximal activity.
- Acts on taurochenodeoxycholate, taurodeoxycholate and less readily on lithocholate and chenodeoxycholate.
- In adult pig (Sus scrofa), hyocholic acid replaces cholic acid as a primary bile acid.
Taurochenodeoxycholate,NADPH:oxygen oxidoreductase (6-alpha-hydroxylating)
- Taurochenodeoxycholate 6-alpha-monooxygenase
EC 126.96.36.199: Unspecific monooxygenase
RH + [reduced NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] + O(2) = ROH + [oxidized NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] + H(2)O.
- Acts on a wide range of substrates including many xenobiotics, steroids, fatty acids, vitamins and prostaglandins; reactions catalyzed include hydroxylation, epoxidation, N-oxidation, sulfooxidation, N-, S- and O-dealkylations, desulfation, deamination, and reduction of azo, nitro and N-oxide groups.
- Together with EC 188.8.131.52, it forms a system in which two reducing equivalents are supplied by NADPH.
- Some of the reactions attributed to EC 184.108.40.206 belong here.
- Formerly EC 220.127.116.11, EC 18.104.22.168, EC 22.214.171.124 and EC 126.96.36.199.
Substrate,reduced-flavoprotein:oxygen oxidoreductase (RH-hydroxylating or -epoxidizing)
- Aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase
- Flavoprotein monooxygenase
- Flavoprotein-linked monooxygenase
- Microsomal P-450
- Microsomal monooxygenase
- Xenobiotic monooxygenase
- Cytochrome P450
- Microsomal P450
EC 188.8.131.52: Quinine 3-monooxygenase
Quinine + NADPH + O(2) = 3-hydroxyquinine + NADP(+) + H(2)O.
- Quinine 3-hydroxylase
- Nifedipine oxidase
EC 184.108.40.206: 1,8-cineole 2-exo-monooxygenase
1,8-cineole + NADPH + O(2) = 2-exo-hydroxy-1,8-cineole + NADP(+) + H(2)O.
1,8-cineole,NADPH:oxygen oxidoreductase (2-exo-hydroxylating)
EC 220.127.116.11: Albendazole monooxygenase
Albendazole + NADPH + O(2) = albendazole S-oxide + NADP(+) + H(2)O.
Albendazole,NADPH:oxygen oxidoreductase (sulfoxide-forming)
- Albendazole oxidase
- Albendazole sulfoxidase
- heme binding
- enzyme binding
- oxidoreductase activity, acting on paired donors, with incorporation or reduction of molecular oxygen
- oxidoreductase activity
- quinine 3-monooxygenase activity
- estrogen 16-alpha-hydroxylase activity
- oxygen binding
- taurochenodeoxycholate 6alpha-hydroxylase activity
- steroid hydroxylase activity
- iron ion binding
- aromatase activity
- steroid binding
- vitamin D 24-hydroxylase activity
- oxidoreductase activity, acting on paired donors, with incorporation or reduction of molecular oxygen, reduced flavin or flavoprotein as one donor, and incorporation of one atom of oxygen
- monooxygenase activity
- testosterone 6-beta-hydroxylase activity
- albendazole monooxygenase activity
- metal ion binding
- vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase activity
- 1,8-cineole 2-exo-monooxygenase activity
- caffeine oxidase activity
- oxidation-reduction process
- exogenous drug catabolic process
- drug catabolic process
- lipid hydroxylation
- monoterpenoid metabolic process
- androgen metabolic process
- vitamin D metabolic process
- heterocycle metabolic process
- steroid metabolic process
- alkaloid catabolic process
- calcitriol biosynthetic process from calciol
- oxidative demethylation
- drug metabolic process
- xenobiotic metabolic process
- steroid catabolic process
- lipid metabolic process
Protein family (Pfam)
Domain description: Cytochrome P450
Domain description: Cytochrome P450, E-class, CYP3A
Domain description: Cytochrome P450
Domain description: Cytochrome P450, E-class, group II
Domain description: Cytochrome P450 superfamily
Domain description: Cytochrome P450, conserved site
Class: Mainly Alpha
Architecture: Orthogonal Bundle
Topology: Cytochrome p450
Homology: Cytochrome p450Occurring in: