Function and Biology Details
Endohydrolysis of RNA in RNA/DNA hybrids. Three different cleavage modes: 1. sequence-specific internal cleavage of RNA. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and Moloney murine leukemia virus enzymes prefer to cleave the RNA strand one nucleotide away from the RNA-DNA junction. 2. RNA 5'-end directed cleavage 13-19 nucleotides from the RNA end. 3. DNA 3'-end directed cleavage 15-20 nucleotides away from the primer terminus.
Deoxynucleoside triphosphate + DNA(n) = diphosphate + DNA(n+1).
Specific for a P1 residue that is hydrophobic, and P1' variable, but often Pro.
3'-end directed exonucleolytic cleavage of viral RNA-DNA hybrid.
- Immunoglobulin C1-set
- MHC class I alpha chain, alpha1 alpha2 domains
- Immunoglobulin/major histocompatibility complex, conserved site
- Immunoglobulin-like domain superfamily
- Immunoglobulin-like fold
- Immunoglobulin-like domain
- MHC classes I/II-like antigen recognition protein
- MHC class I-like antigen recognition-like superfamily
2 more domains
Structure analysis Details
Length: 278 amino acids
Theoretical weight: 32.15 KDa
Source organism: Homo sapiens
Expression system: Escherichia coli BL21(DE3)
- Canonical: P30480 (Residues: 25-301; Coverage: 82%)