EC 22.214.171.124: Oxoglutarate dehydrogenase (succinyl-transferring)
2-oxoglutarate + [dihydrolipoyllysine-residue succinyltransferase] lipoyllysine = [dihydrolipoyllysine-residue succinyltransferase] S-succinyldihydrolipoyllysine + CO(2).
- It is a component of the multienzyme 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase complex in which multiple copies of it are bound to a core of molecules of EC 126.96.36.199, which also binds multiple copies of EC 188.8.131.52.
- It does not act on free lipoamide or lipoyllysine, but only on the lipoyllysine residue in EC 184.108.40.206.
2-oxoglutarate:[dihydrolipoyllysine-residue succinyltransferase]-lipoyllysine 2-oxidoreductase (decarboxylating, acceptor-succinylating)
- 2-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase
- 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase
- 2-oxoglutarate: lipoate oxidoreductase
- 2-oxoglutarate:lipoamide 2-oxidoreductase (decarboxylating and acceptor-succinylating)
- Alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase
- Alpha-ketoglutaric acid dehydrogenase
- Alpha-ketoglutaric dehydrogenase
- Alpha-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase
- Ketoglutaric dehydrogenase
- Oxoglutarate decarboxylase
- Oxoglutarate dehydrogenase
- Oxoglutarate dehydrogenase (lipoamide)
EC 220.127.116.11: 2-oxoglutarate decarboxylase
2-oxoglutarate = succinate semialdehyde + CO(2).
- Highly specific.
2-oxoglutarate carboxy-lyase (succinate-semialdehyde-forming)
- Alpha-ketoglutarate decarboxylase
- Alpha-ketoglutaric decarboxylase
- Oxoglutarate decarboxylase
- Pre-2-oxoglutarate decarboxylase
- 2-oxoglutarate carboxy-lyase
EC 18.104.22.168: 2-hydroxy-3-oxoadipate synthase
2-oxoglutarate + glyoxylate = 2-hydroxy-3-oxoadipate + CO(2).
- The product decarboxylates to 5-hydroxy-4-oxopentanoate.
- The enzyme can decarboxylate 2-oxoglutarate.
- Acetaldehyde can replace glyoxylate.
- Formerly EC 22.214.171.124.
2-oxoglutarate:glyoxylate succinaldehydetransferase (decarboxylating)
- 2-hydroxy-3-oxoadipate glyoxylate-lyase (carboxylating)
- Alpha-ketoglutaric-glyoxylic carboligase
- Oxoglutarate:glyoxylate carboligase
- 2-hydroxy-3-oxoadipate synthetase
- Oxoglutarate: glyoxylate carboligase
EC 126.96.36.199: Dihydrolipoyllysine-residue succinyltransferase
Succinyl-CoA + enzyme N(6)-(dihydrolipoyl)lysine = CoA + enzyme N(6)- (S-succinyldihydrolipoyl)lysine.
- A multimer (24-mer) of this enzyme forms the core of the multienzyme complex, and binds tightly both EC 188.8.131.52 and EC 184.108.40.206.
- The lipoyl group of this enzyme is reductively succinylated by EC 220.127.116.11, and the only observed direction catalyzed by EC 18.104.22.168 is that where this succinyl group is passed to coenzyme A.
- Dihydrolipoamide S-succinyltransferase
- Dihydrolipoamide succinyltransferase
- Dihydrolipoic transsuccinylase
- Dihydrolipolyl transsuccinylase
- Dihydrolipoyl transsuccinylase
- Lipoate succinyltransferase (Escherichia coli)
- Lipoic transsuccinylase
- Lipoyl transsuccinylase
- Succinyl-CoA:dihydrolipoamide S-succinyltransferase
- Succinyl-CoA:dihydrolipoate S-succinyltransferase
- Lipoate succinyltransferase
- Enzyme-dihydrolipoyllysine:succinyl-CoA S-succinyltransferase
- Succinyl-CoA:enzyme-6-N-(dihydrolipoyl)lysine S-succinyltransferase
- not assigned
Protein families (Pfam)
Domain description: Transketolase, pyrimidine binding domain
Domain description: 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase C-terminal
Domain description: Dehydrogenase E1 component
Domain description: 2-oxoglutarate dehydrogenase E1 component
Domain description: Thiamin diphosphate-binding fold
Domain description: Dehydrogenase, E1 component
Domain description: Transketolase-like, pyrimidine-binding domain
Domain description: Multifunctional 2-oxoglutarate metabolism enzyme, C-terminal
Class: Alpha Beta
Architecture: 3-Layer(aba) Sandwich
Topology: Rossmann fold
Homology: Rossmann foldOccurring in:
Class: Mainly Alpha
Architecture: Orthogonal Bundle
Topology: Helix Hairpins
Homology: TPP helical domainOccurring in: