EC 220.127.116.11: Pteridine reductase
5,6,7,8-tetrahydrobiopterin + 2 NADP(+) = biopterin + 2 NADPH.
- The enzyme from Leishmania (both amastigote and promastigote forms) catalyzes the NADPH-dependent reduction of folate and a wide variety of unconjugated pterins, including biopterin, to their tetrahydro forms.
- It also catalyzes the reduction of 7,8-dihydropterins and 7,8- dihydrofolate to their tetrahydro forms.
- In contrast to EC 18.104.22.168 and EC 22.214.171.124, pteridine reductase will not catalyze the reduction of the quinonoid form of dihydrobiopterin.
- The enzyme is specific for NADPH; no activity has been detected with NADH.
- It also differs from EC 126.96.36.199 in being specific for the B side of NADPH.
- Formerly EC 188.8.131.52.
- Pteridine reductase 1
Protein families (Pfam)
Domain description: Short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase SDR
Domain description: NAD(P)-binding domain superfamily
Domain description: Pteridine reductase
Domain description: Short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase, conserved site
Class: Alpha Beta
Architecture: 3-Layer(aba) Sandwich
Topology: Rossmann fold
Homology: NAD(P)-binding Rossmann-like DomainOccurring in: