EC 188.8.131.52: Holo-[acyl-carrier-protein] synthase
CoA-(4'-phosphopantetheine) + apo-[acyl-carrier-protein] = adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + holo-[acyl-carrier-protein].
- All polyketide synthases, fatty-acid synthases and non-ribosomal peptide synthases require post-translational modification of their constituent acyl-carrier-protein (ACP) domains to become catalytically active.
- The inactive apo-proteins are converted into their active holo-forms by transfer of the 4'-phosphopantetheinyl moiety of CoA to the sidechain hydroxy group of a conserved serine residue in each ACP domain.
- The enzyme from human can activate both the ACP domain of the human cytosolic multifunctional fatty acid synthase and that associated with human mitochondria as well as peptidyl-carrier and acyl-carrier- proteins from prokaryotes.
- Removal of the 4-phosphopantetheinyl moiety from holo-ACP is carried out by EC 184.108.40.206.
- Acyl carrier protein holoprotein (holo-ACP) synthetase
- Acyl carrier protein synthetase
- Coenzyme A:fatty acid synthetase apoenzyme 4'-phosphopantetheine transferase
- Holo-ACP synthase
- Holo-ACP synthetase
- Acyl carrier protein synthase
- P-pant transferase
- CoA:apo-[acyl-carrier-protein] pantetheinephosphotransferase
- L-aminoadipate-semialdehyde dehydrogenase-phosphopantetheinyl transferase
- 4'-phosphopantetheinyl transferase
- Alpha-aminoadipic semialdehyde dehydrogenase-phosphopantetheinyl transferase
Protein family (Pfam)
Domain description: 4'-phosphopantetheinyl transferase superfamily
Domain description: Holo-[acyl carrier protein] synthase
Domain description: 4'-phosphopantetheinyl transferase domain superfamily
Domain description: Phosphopantetheine-protein transferase domain
Domain description: 4'-phosphopantetheinyl transferase domain
Class: Alpha Beta
Architecture: Alpha-Beta Complex
Topology: Ribosomal Protein L22; Chain A
Homology: 4'-phosphopantetheinyl transferaseOccurring in:
Class: Alpha and beta proteins (a+b)
Fold: 4'-phosphopantetheinyl transferase
Superfamily: 4'-phosphopantetheinyl transferaseOccurring in: