SSA, stochastic simulation algorithm, Doob-Gillespie method, DM, Gillespie's direct method
Stochastic simulation algorithm using the reaction probability density function (next-reaction density function), giving the probability that the next reaction will happen in a given time interval. To choose the next reaction to fire, the algorithm directly and separately calculates the identity of the reaction and the time it will fire.
iBioSim, BioNetGen, Cain, ByoDyn, BetaWB
- Non-spatial Gillespie-like method
- Gillespie-like exact stochastic simulation method
- has characteristic some exact solution
- not (has characteristic some spatial description)
- is similar to some Bortz-Kalos-Lebowitz algorithm