Release 24.0, 16 December 2009
New features include:
- This release contains 53 new methods, which include new methods from HAMAP and Pfam.
- Pfam-B (release 24.0) matches are now displayed on the detailed view pages. Pfam-B families are un-annotated and are generated automatically from the non-redundant clusters of the latest release of ADDA (Automatic Domain Decomposition Algorithm). Although of lower quality, Pfam-B families can be useful for identifying functionally conserved regions in the absence of Pfam-A matches.
- Links to PRIAM, provider of enzyme-specific profiles for metabolic pathway prediction, are now available from the ‘Database links’ field where a PRIAM profile matches >80% of the proteins in the InterPro entry.
- Please Note: Pfam release 24.0 matches have been calculated using HMMER3. The majority of the updated signatures were stable; however some had significant increases or decreases in the numbers of proteins they matched (+/- 30% change), which changed the taxonomy and/or biology based on protein matches. We have begun to review these entries, checking that the InterPro entry annotation is still valid and reflects the taxonomy and biology of the proteins matched by the Pfam signatures. Those Pfam signatures which have not yet been through this review process have therefore been temporarily removed from InterPro and will be re-integrated into the InterPro database during 2010. If you have any questions about this, please contact us via support.
Contents and coverage of InterPro 24.0
InterPro protein matches are now calculated for all UniProtKB and UniParc proteins. The following statistics are for all UniProtKB proteins. InterPro release 24.0 contains 18349 entries, representing:
Last entry: IPR021144
27387 publications in PUBMED are referenced from InterPro.
Member database information
|Signature Database||Version||Signatures*||Integrated Signatures**|
* Some signatures may not have matches to UniProtKB proteins.
** Not all signatures of a member database may be integrated at the time of an InterPro release.
|Sequence Database||Version||Count||count of proteins matching|
|any signature||integrated signatures|
|UniProtKB||15.12||10547998||8950734 (84.9%)||8033642 (76.2%)|
|UniProt/Swiss-Prot||57.12||513877||499026 (97.1%)||484353 (94.3%)|
|UniProt/TrEMBL||40.12||10034121||8451708 (84.2%)||7549289 (75.2%)|