Release 19.0, 29 January 2009
New features include:
- New methods from Pfam, PANTHER, Gene3D and SUPERFAMILY.
- InterPro has introduced new entry classification rules that affect the typing of entries. Please see the User Manual for further details.
- A new Protein Focus article has been published on the subject of Collagen. Protein Focus is a new name for the feature formerly known as "Protein of the Month".
- Match_complete.xml (UniProtKB) now contains all UniProtKB proteins including those not matching an InterPro signature.
- UniParc (uniparc_match.tar.gz) and UniMES (unimes_match.tar.gz) matches to InterPro methods have been updated and are available from the ftp site in XML format.
Note: due to the large size of UniParc and UniMES the data has been divided into chunks and the latest updates are provided in these files at each InterPro release.
Contents and coverage of InterPro 19.0
InterPro protein matches are now calculated for all UniProtKB and UniParc proteins. The following statistics are for all UniProtkB proteins. InterPro release 19.0 contains 17412 entries, representing:
Last entry: IPR018937
29218 publications in PUBMED are referenced from InterPro.
Member database information
|Signature Database||Version||Signatures*||Integrated Signatures**|
* Some signatures may not have matches to UniProtKB proteins.
** Not all signatures of a member database may be integrated at the time of an InterPro release.
|Sequence Database||Version||Count||count of proteins matching|
|any signature||integrated signatures|
|UniProtKB||14.7||7409116||5956246 (80.4%)||5644181 (76.2%)|
|UniProt/Swiss-Prot||56.7||408099||391875 (96.0%)||380550 (93.2%)|
|UniProt/TrEMBL||39.7||7001017||5564371 (79.5%)||5263631 (75.2%)|