Latest release note
1st March 2018
- A new section on the entry page shows the relationship between homologous superfamilies and other InterPro entries. This is calculated by analysing the overlap between matched sequence sets. An InterPro entry is considered related to a homologous superfamily if its sequence matches overlap (i.e., the match positions fall within the homologous superfamily boundaries) and either the Jaccard index (equivalent) or containment index (parent/child) of the matching sequence sets is greater than 0.75.
- The addition of 1139 InterPro entries.
- An update to CATH-Gene3D (4.2.0).
- Integration of 1362 new methods from the CATH-Gene3D (853), CDD (238), SUPERFAMILY (47), PANTHER (217), Pfam (3) and SFLD (4) databases.
Contents and coverage of InterPro 67.0
InterPro protein matches are now calculated for all UniProtKB and UniParc proteins. The following statistics are for
all UniProtKB proteins.
InterPro release 67.0 contains 33707 entries (last entry: IPR038719), representing:
InterPro cites 55030 publications in PubMed.
Member database information
|Signature database||Version||Signatures*||Integrated signatures**|
* Some signatures may not have matches to UniProtKB proteins.
** Not all signatures of a member database may be integrated at the time of an InterPro release
We use MobiDB-lite, a derivative of the MobiDB database, to provide consensus annotation of long-range intrinsic disorder in protein sequences. Read more about MobiDB-lite in Bioinformatics, 33(9), 2017, 1402–1404, (doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btx015).
|Sequence database||Version||Count||Count of proteins matching|
|any signature||integrated signatures|
|UniProtKB||2018_02||109414541||95881464 (87.6%)||88138473 (80.6%)|
|UniProtKB/TrEMBL||2018_02||108857716||95336728 (87.6%)||87600859 (80.5%)|
|UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot||2018_02||556825||544736 (97.8%)||537614 (96.5%)|
Total number of GO terms mapped to InterPro entries - 34029