Pathways & interactions
SNF2-like, N-terminal domain superfamily (IPR038718)
Short name: SNF2-like_sf
- SNF2-related, N-terminal domain (IPR000330)
- Helicase superfamily 1/2, ATP-binding domain (IPR014001)
- RNA polymerase-associated protein RapA (IPR023949)
- P-loop containing nucleoside triphosphate hydrolase (IPR027417)
- ISWI family (IPR029915)
- DNA helicase Ino80 (IPR031047)
- Chromodomain-helicase-DNA-binding protein 1-like (IPR031053)
- BRAHMA (BRM) ATPase (IPR031056)
- Chromodomain-helicase-DNA-binding protein 8 (IPR034724)
- Chromo domain-containing protein 1 (IPR037780)
This domain is found in proteins involved in a variety of processes including transcription regulation (e.g., SNF2, STH1, MOT1), DNA repair (e.g., RAD16, RAD5), DNA recombination (e.g., RAD54), and chromatin unwinding (e.g., ISWI) as well as a variety of other proteins with little functional information [PMID: 7651832, PMID: 14729263]. SNF2 functions as the ATPase component of the SNF2/SWI multisubunit complex, which utilises energy derived from ATP hydrolysis to disrupt histone-DNA interactions, resulting in the increased accessibility of DNA to transcription factors.
Proteins that contain this domain appear to be distantly related to the DEAX box helicases.
- G3DSA:188.8.131.5210 (G3DSA:184.108.40.20610)