Fumarate reductase/succinate dehydrogenase flavoprotein-like, C-terminal domain superfamily (IPR037099)
Short name: Fum_R/Succ_DH_flav-like_C_sf
- L-aspartate oxidase (IPR005288)
- Fumarate reductase, flavoprotein subunit (IPR005884)
- Succinate dehydrogenase/fumarate reductase flavoprotein subunit, low-GC Gram-positive bacteria (IPR011280)
- Succinate dehydrogenase, flavoprotein subunit (IPR011281)
- Adenylylsulphate reductase, alpha subunit (IPR011803)
- Succinate dehydrogenase/fumarate reductase, flavoprotein subunit (IPR014006)
- Fumarate reductase/succinate dehydrogenase flavoprotein-like, C-terminal (IPR015939)
This entry represents a domain superfamily with a spectrin-repeat-like fold consisting of three helices in a closed bundle with a left-handed twist. This domain superfamily is found in the succinate dehydrogenase/fumarate reductase oxidoreductase family of proteins, such as:
- L-aspartate oxidase (EC:22.214.171.124), a flavoenzyme component of the bacterial quinolinate synthase system that catalyses the conversion of L-aspartate to oxaloacetate, the first step in the de novo biosynthesis of NAD+ [PMID: 11863440, PMID: 10425677].
- Fumarate reductase, which is part of the quinol-fumarate reductase (QFR) respiratory complex that catalyses the terminal step of anaerobic respiration when fumarate acts as the terminal electron acceptor [PMID: 11850430].
- Succinate dehydrogenase (SQR; EC:126.96.36.199), an iron-sulphur flavoenzyme from bacteria that is analogous to the mitochondrial respiratory complex II, forming part of the electron transport pathway from the electron acceptor (succinate) to the terminal donor (ubiquinone) [PMID: 12560550].
- SSF46977 (SSF46977)