Pathways & interactions
Terpene synthase, N-terminal domain superfamily (IPR036965)
Short name: Terpene_synth_N_sf
Sequences containing this domain belong to the terpene synthase family. It has been suggested that this gene family be designated tps (for terpene synthase). Sequence comparisons reveal similarities between the monoterpene (C10) synthases, sesquiterpene (C15) synthases and the diterpene (C20) synthases. It has been split into six subgroups on the basis of phylogeny, called Tpsa-Tpsf [PMID: 9268308].
- Tpsa includes vetispiridiene synthase Q39979, 5-epi- aristolochene synthase, Q40577 and (+)-delta-cadinene synthase P93665.
- Tpsb includes (-)-limonene synthase, Q40322.
- Tpsc includes copalyl diphosphate synthase (kaurene synthase A), O04408.
- Tpsd includes taxadiene synthase, Q41594, pinene synthase, O24475 and myrcene synthase, O24474.
- Tpse includes ent-kaurene synthase B Q39548.
- Tpsf includes linalool synthase Q9ZPN5.
In the fungus Phaeosphaeria sp. (strain L487) the synthesis of ent-kaurene from geranylgeranyl dophosphate is promoted by a single bifunctional protein [PMID: 9268298].
- G3DSA:126.96.36.199 (G3DSA:188.8.131.52)