Pathways & interactions
Impact, N-terminal domain superfamily (IPR036956)
Short name: Impact_N_sf
- Impact, N-terminal (IPR001498)
- Impact family, bacterial/archaeal (IPR015796)
- Ribosomal protein S5 domain 2-type fold (IPR020568)
- Uncharacterised protein family UPF0029, Impact, conserved site (IPR020569)
- Impact family (IPR023582)
The Impact protein is a translational regulator that ensures constant high levels of translation under amino acid starvation. It acts by interacting with Gcn1/Gcn1L1, thereby preventing activation of Gcn2 protein kinases (EIF2AK1 to 4) and subsequent down-regulation of protein synthesis. It is evolutionary conserved from eukaryotes to archaea [PMID: 11116084].
This entry represents the N-terminal domain superfamily of the Impact proteins.
- G3DSA:22.214.171.124 (G3DSA:126.96.36.199)