Pathways & interactions
SUI1 domain superfamily (IPR036877)
Short name: SUI1_dom_sf
- SUI1 domain (IPR001950)
- Archaeal/bacterial translation initiation factor SUI1 (IPR005872)
- Density-regulated protein DRP1 (IPR005873)
- Eukaryotic translation initiation factor SUI1 (IPR005874)
- Translation factor SUI1 homolog, archaea (IPR022851)
- Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2D, SUI1 domain (IPR039759)
In budding yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), SUI1 is a translation initiation factor that functions in concert with eIF-2 and the initiator tRNA-Met in directing the ribosome to the proper start site of translation [PMID: 1729602]. SUI1 is a protein of 108 residues. Close homologues of SUI1 have been found [PMID: 7904817] in mammals, insects and plants. SUI1 is also evolutionary related to:
- Hypothetical proteins from bacteria such as Escherichia coli (yciH) or Haemophilus influenzae (HI1225).
- Hypothetical proteins from archaea such as Methanococcus jannaschii (MJ0463).
Two eukaryotic proteins also seem to contain a C-terminal SUI1-like domain. These are:
- Density-regulated protein (gene: DENR). This protein is found in mammals, insects, nematodes, plants and fungi.
- Ligatin (gene: LGTN). This protein is found in mammals and insects.
- SSF55159 (SSF55159)