Pathways & interactions
5'-3' exonuclease, C-terminal domain superfamily (IPR036279)
Short name: 5-3_exonuclease_C_sf
- 5'-3' exonuclease, N-terminal (IPR002421)
- DNA polymerase 1 (IPR018320)
- Flap structure-specific endonuclease, archaea (IPR019973)
- DNA polymerase I-like, H3TH domain (IPR020045)
- Flap endonuclease Xni (IPR022895)
- Flap endonuclease 1 (IPR023426)
- Exonuclease 1 (IPR032641)
- T4 RNase H, C-terminal (IPR036276)
- Exonuclease-1, H3TH domain (IPR037315)
- Yen1, H3TH domain (IPR037316)
- Flap endonuclease (IPR038969)
This entry represents the C-terminal domain of 5' to 3' exonucleases. The 5'-3' exonucleases are conserved in organisms as diverse as bacteriophage and mammals. It adopts a SAM fold consisting of 4-5 helices packed into a bundle of two orthogonally packed alpha-hairpins. This domain is involved in interactions with DNA and proteins. 5' to 3' exonucleases that contain this domain include:
- Bacteriophage T4 RNase H, which has sequence similarity to the RAD2 family of eukaryotic proteins [PMID: 8674116].
- 5' to 3' exonuclease domain of DNA polymerase Taq, which is homologous to Escherichia coli DNA polymerase I (pol I) [PMID: 7637814, PMID: 10666572].
- Bacteriophage T5 5'-exonuclease, which are structure-specific endonucleases [PMID: 9874768].
- Flap endonuclease-1 (Fen-1 nuclease), a structure specific nuclease that is an essential enzyme for eukaryotic DNA replication and repair [PMID: 9699635].
- SSF47807 (SSF47807)