Actin-related protein 2/3 complex subunit 1B (IPR030141)
Short name: ARC1B
Overlapping homologous superfamilies
- WD40/YVTN repeat-like-containing domain superfamily (IPR015943)
- WD40-repeat-containing domain superfamily (IPR036322)
- Actin-related protein 2/3 complex subunit 1 (IPR017383)
- Actin-related protein 2/3 complex subunit 1B (IPR030141)
The Arp2/3 complex binds to pre-existing actin filaments and nucleates new daughter filaments, and thus becomes incorporated into the dynamic actin network at the leading edge of motile cells and other actin-based protrusive structures [PMID: 9600938].
The human Arp2/3 complex composed of ARP2, ARP3, ARPC1B/p41-ARC, ARPC2/p34-ARC, ARPC3/p21-ARC, ARPC4/p20-ARC and ARPC5/p16-ARC. This entry represents actin-related protein 2/3 complex subunit 1B (ARC1B) from vertebrates.
- PTHR10709:SF10 (PTHR10709:SF10)