Actin-related protein 2/3 complex subunit 1A (IPR030140)
Short name: ARC1A
Overlapping homologous superfamilies
- WD40/YVTN repeat-like-containing domain superfamily (IPR015943)
- WD40-repeat-containing domain superfamily (IPR036322)
- Actin-related protein 2/3 complex subunit 1 (IPR017383)
- Actin-related protein 2/3 complex subunit 1A (IPR030140)
The Arp2/3 complex binds to pre-existing actin filaments and nucleates new daughter filaments, and thus becomes incorporated into the dynamic actin network at the leading edge of motile cells and other actin-based protrusive structures [PMID: 9600938].
The human Arp2/3 complex composed of ARP2, ARP3, ARPC1B/p41-ARC, ARPC2/p34-ARC, ARPC3/p21-ARC, ARPC4/p20-ARC and ARPC5/p16-ARC. This entry represents actin-related protein 2/3 complex subunit 1A (ARC1A) from vertebrates. ARC1A shares protein sequence similarity with ARPC1B and is predicted to function as ARPC1B in the Arp2/3 complex.
- PTHR10709:SF11 (PTHR10709:SF11)