Short name: AhpD-like
- Carboxymuconolactone decarboxylase-like (IPR003779)
- Alkylhydroperoxidase AhpD (IPR004674)
- Alkylhydroperoxidase AhpD core (IPR004675)
- Sestrin (IPR006730)
- Uncharacterised peroxidase-related (IPR010195)
- 4-carboxymuconolactone decarboxylase (IPR012788)
- Conserved hypothetical protein CHP04029, CMD-like (IPR023982)
- Alkylhydroperoxidase/carboxymuconolactone decarboxylase family (IPR026445)
This superfamily represents the alpha-helical domain found in alkyl-hydroperoxide reductase AhpD [PMID: 11914371]. AhpD is a component of alkyl-hydroperoxide reductase participating in defense against ROS (reactive oxygen species) [PMID: 11799204]. The C-terminal alpha-helical domain of the AhpD protein from Mycobacterium tuberculosis shares protein sequence and structural similarity with the N-terminal of Sesns from animals [PMID: 11799204]. Sestrins (Sesns) are involved in ROS (reactive oxygen species) regulation [PMID: 20712410].
A similar fold can also be found in other proteins such as 4-carboxymuconolactone decarboxylase (CMD) and some uncharacterised proteins [PMID: 16597838].