Kinesin-like protein (IPR027640)
Short name: Kinesin-like_fam
- Kinesin-like protein (IPR027640)
- Armadillo repeat-containing kinesin-like protein, plants (IPR033291)
- Kinesin-like protein KIF12 (IPR028763)
- Kinesin-like protein KIF13A (IPR032923)
- Kinesin-like protein KIF13B (IPR036978)
- Kinesin-like protein KIF20A (IPR027326)
- Kinesin-like protein KIF20B (IPR028828)
- Kinesin-like protein KIF22 (Kid) (IPR026986)
- Kinesin-like protein KIF23 (IPR032924)
- Kinesin-like protein KIFC3 (IPR027325)
- Kinesin-like protein KIN-14 (IPR030109)
Kinesin [PMID: 8542443, PMID: 2142876, PMID: 14732151] is a microtubule-associated force-producing protein that play a role in organelle transport. The kinesin motor activity is directed toward the microtubule's plus end. Kinesin is an oligomeric complex composed of two heavy chains and two light chains. The maintenance of the quaternary structure does not require interchain disulphide bonds.
This entry includes kinesin heavy chain and kinesin-like proteins, which are members of the kinesin superfamily (also known as KIFs). KIFs constitute 15 kinesin families [PMID: 15479732]. They are important molecular motors that directionally transport various cargos, including membranous organelles, protein complexes and mRNAs [PMID: 19773780].
- PTHR24115 (PTHR24115)