Pathways & interactions
YaeB-like, N-terminal domain (IPR023370)
Short name: YaeB-like_N
YaeB (also known as TsaA or TrmO) is a RNA methyltransferase responsible for N6-methylation of N6-threonylcarbamoyladenosine in tRNAs. It has a unique single-sheeted beta-barrel structure and represent a new category of AdoMet-dependent methyltransferases [PMID: 25063302].
The following uncharacterised proteins have been shown to be evolutionary related and to contain a YaeB-like beta barrel structural domain domain:
- Agrobacterium tumefaciens Ti plasmid protein virR.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa protein rcsF.
- Archaeoglobus fulgidus hypothetical protein AF0241.
- Archaeoglobus fulgidus hypothetical protein AF0433.
- Methanococcus jannaschii hypothetical protein MJ1583.
- Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum hypothetical protein MTH1797.
- Mammalian Nef-associated protein 1 (NAP1).
The crystal structure of Haemophilus influenzae YaeB has been solved. In addition to the N-terminal beta-barrel methyltransferase domain it has a C-terminal domain containing the conserved sequence motif DPRxxY [PMID: 25063302].