Pathways & interactions
TsaA-like domain (IPR023370)
Short name: TsaA-like
This beta barrel structural domain is found in proteins belonging to the uncharacterised protein family UPF0066. It contains a six-stranded anti-parallel beta-barrel. The tsaA-like domain may bind S-adenosylmethionine (AdoMet) and possesses a methyltransferase activity [PMID: 17588214]. Although the tsaA-like domain is found predominantly in prokaryotes, it is also found in plants, Drosophila and mammals (human, rat, mouse and others):
The following uncharacterised proteins have been shown to be evolutionary related and to contain a tsaA-like domain:
- Escherichia coli hypothetical protein yaeB and HI0510, the corresponding Haemophilus influenzae protein.
- Agrobacterium tumefaciens Ti plasmid protein virR.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa protein rcsF.
- Archaeoglobus fulgidus hypothetical protein AF0241.
- Archaeoglobus fulgidus hypothetical protein AF0433.
- Methanococcus jannaschii hypothetical protein MJ1583.
- Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum hypothetical protein MTH1797.
- Mammalian Nef-associated protein 1 (NAP1).