Pathways & interactions
Membrane associated eicosanoid/glutathione metabolism-like domain (IPR023352)
Short name: MAPEG-like_dom
This domain is found in a widespread superfamily known as MAPEG (Membrane Associated Proteins in Eicosanoid and Glutathione metabolism) [PMID: 10091672]. Included in this superfamily are:
- 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (gene FLAP), which seems to be required for the activation of 5-lipoxygenase.
- Leukotriene C4 synthase (EC:22.214.171.124), which catalyses the production of LTC4 from LTA4.
- Microsomal glutathione S-transferase II (EC:126.96.36.199) (GST-II), which also produces LTC4 from LTA4.
- Prostaglandin E synthase, which catalyses the synthesis of PGE2 from PGH2 (produced by cyclooxygenase from arachidonic acid).
The domain consists of four transmembrane helices [PMID: 17600184].
- G3DSA:188.8.131.520 (G3DSA:184.108.40.2060)