Pathways & interactions
Membrane associated eicosanoid/glutathione metabolism-like domain superfamily (IPR023352)
Short name: MAPEG-like_dom_sf
- Membrane-associated, eicosanoid/glutathione metabolism (MAPEG) protein (IPR001129)
- 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (IPR001446)
- FLAP/GST2/LTC4S, conserved site (IPR018295)
- Microsomal glutathione S-transferase 1-like (IPR040162)
This domain is found in a widespread superfamily known as MAPEG (Membrane Associated Proteins in Eicosanoid and Glutathione metabolism) [PMID: 10091672]. Included in this superfamily are:
- 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (gene FLAP), which seems to be required for the activation of 5-lipoxygenase.
- Leukotriene C4 synthase (EC:18.104.22.168), which catalyses the production of LTC4 from LTA4.
- Microsomal glutathione S-transferase II (EC:22.214.171.124) (GST-II), which also produces LTC4 from LTA4.
- Prostaglandin E synthase, which catalyses the synthesis of PGE2 from PGH2 (produced by cyclooxygenase from arachidonic acid).
The structure of this domain consists of four transmembrane helices [PMID: 17600184].