Pathways & interactions
Ribosomal protein S5 domain 2-type fold (IPR020568)
Short name: Ribosomal_S5_D2-typ_fold
- Ribonuclease P (IPR000100)
- Galactokinase (IPR000705)
- Ribosomal protein S9 (IPR000754)
- Galactokinase/homoserine kinase (IPR001174)
- Exoribonuclease, phosphorolytic domain 1 (IPR001247)
- Heat shock protein Hsp90 family (IPR001404)
- Impact, N-terminal (IPR001498)
- Ribonuclease PH, bacterial-type (IPR002381)
- 4-diphosphocytidyl-2C-methyl-D-erythritol kinase (IPR004424)
- Ribosomal protein S5, C-terminal (IPR005324)
- Translation elongation factor EFG/EF2, domain IV (IPR005517)
- DNA topoisomerase IV, subunit B, Gram-negative (IPR005737)
- DNA topoisomerase 4 subunit B, Firmicutes/Mollicutes (IPR005740)
- Phosphomevalonate kinase, bacteria (IPR005917)
- GHMP kinase, ATP-binding, conserved site (IPR006203)
- GHMP kinase N-terminal domain (IPR006204)
- Mevalonate kinase (IPR006205)
- Mevalonate/galactokinase (IPR006206)
- Peptidase S16, active site (IPR008268)
- Peptidase S16, Lon proteolytic domain (IPR008269)
- Shikimate kinase, archaea (IPR010189)
- Exosome complex component Rrp41 (IPR011807)
- Pantoate kinase (IPR012043)
- Propanediol utilisation/coumermycin biosynthesis, PduX-related (IPR012363)
- DNA topoisomerase, type IIA, subunit B, domain 2 (IPR013506)
- DNA mismatch repair protein, S5 domain 2-like (IPR013507)
- D,D-heptose 7-phosphate kinase (IPR014606)
- Ribosomal protein S5 domain 2-type fold, subgroup (IPR014721)
- Formaldehyde-activating enzyme (IPR014826)
- Switch protein XOL-1, N-terminal (IPR015192)
- DNA topoisomerase VI, subunit B, transducer (IPR015320)
- Impact family, bacterial/archaeal (IPR015796)
- UDP-3-O-acyl N-acetylglucosamine deacetylase, N-terminal (IPR015870)
- Phosphomevalonate kinase Erg8 (IPR016005)
- Ribonuclease PH, conserved site (IPR018336)
- Galactokinase galactose-binding domain (IPR019539)
- Galactokinase, conserved site (IPR019741)
- Ribosomal protein S9, archaeal (IPR019958)
- Ribonuclease P, conserved site (IPR020539)
- Imidazoleglycerol-phosphate dehydratase, conserved site (IPR020565)
- Histidine biosynthesis bifunctional protein HisB (IPR020566)
- Uncharacterised protein family UPF0029, Impact, conserved site (IPR020569)
- Ribosomal protein S9, conserved site (IPR020574)
- DNA mismatch repair protein, MutL (IPR020667)
- Exosome complex component Rrp42, archaea (IPR020869)
- Mevalonate kinase, archaeal (IPR022937)
- Galactokinase, bacterial (IPR022963)
- Ribosomal protein S9, bacterial/plastid (IPR023035)
- Impact family (IPR023582)
- PNPase/RNase PH domain superfamily (IPR027408)
- Exosome complex component RRP45 (IPR033100)
- Exosome complex component Rrp43 (IPR033196)
- Phosphomevalonate kinase (IPR035102)
- Impact, N-terminal domain superfamily (IPR036956)
- Formaldehyde-activating enzyme superfamily (IPR037075)
- Imidazole glycerol phosphate dehydratase domain superfamily (IPR038494)
Domain 2 of the ribosomal protein S5 has a left-handed, 2-layer alpha/beta fold with a core structure consisting of beta(3)-alpha-beta-alpha. Domains with this fold are found in numerous RNA/DNA-binding proteins, as well as in kinases from the GHMP kinase family. Proteins containing this alpha/beta fold domain include:
- Translational machinery components (ribosomal proteins S5 and S9, and domain IV of elongation factors EF-G and eEF-2) [PMID: 8722013].
- Ribonuclease P protein (RNase P) [PMID: 17081993].
- Ribonuclease PH (domain 1) [PMID: 14767080], as well as various exosome complex exonucleases (RRP41, RRP42, RRP43, RRP45, RRP46, MTR3, ECX1, ECX2) [PMID: 17174896].
- DNA modification proteins (DNA mismatch repair proteins MutL and PMS2, DNA gyrase B, DNA topoisomerase II, IV-B and VI-B) [PMID: 11574484].
- GHMP kinases that transfer a phosphoryl group from ATP to an acceptor (galactokinase (EC:126.96.36.199), homoserine kinase (EC: 188.8.131.52), and mevalonate kinase (EC: 184.108.40.206)) [PMID: 15544330, PMID: 11188689].
- Caenorhabditis elegans early switch protein Xol-1 (a divergent member of the GHMP kinase family that has lost the ATP-binding site) [PMID: 12672694].
- Hsp90 chaperone (middle domain), which is related to the DNA gyrase/MutL family [PMID: 15039704]; this domain contains an extra C-terminal alpha/beta subdomain.
- Imidazole glycerol phosphate dehydratase, which contains a duplication consisting of two structural repeats of this fold [PMID: 14724278].
- The catalytic domain of ATP-dependent protease Lon (La), which contains an extra C-terminal alpha/beta subdomain [PMID: 14665623].
- Formaldehyde-activating enzyme FAE, which contains a modification of this fold consisting of an extra alpha/beta unit after strand 2 [PMID: 15632161].
- SSF54211 (SSF54211)