Ribosomal protein L25/Gln-tRNA synthetase, N-terminal (IPR020056)
Short name: Rbsml_L25/Gln-tRNA_synth_N
- Ribosomal protein L25, long-form (IPR001021)
- Glutamine-tRNA synthetase (IPR004514)
- Glutamyl-tRNA synthetase, archaeal/eukaryotic cytosolic (IPR004526)
- Ribosomal protein L25/Gln-tRNA synthetase, anti-codon-binding domain superfamily (IPR011035)
- Ribosomal protein L25, short-form (IPR020055)
- Glutamyl/glutaminyl-tRNA synthetase, class Ib, anti-codon binding domain (IPR020059)
- Glutamine-tRNA ligase, bacterial (IPR022861)
- Ribosomal protein L25 (IPR029751)
The bacterial ribosomal protein L25 is bound to 5S rRNA along with L5 and L18, forming a separate domain of the ribosome [PMID: 10696113]. The solution structure of protein L25 uncomplexed with RNA shows two significantly disordered loops and a closed beta-barrel domain with a complex topology that has significant structural similarities to the N-terminal domain of the Thermus thermophilus ribosomal protein TL5, to the general stress protein CTC, and to the C-terminal anticodon-binding domain of Escherichia coli glutaminyl-tRNA synthetase (GlnRS) [PMID: 11418764, PMID: 12737824]. GlnRS contains a duplication consisting of two L25-like beta-barrels domains with the swapping of N-terminal strands.
This superfamily represents the N-terminal domain, which has a beta-barrel structure.
- G3DSA:220.127.116.11 (G3DSA:18.104.22.168)