Pathways & interactions
Ammonium transporter, conserved site (IPR018047)
Short name: Ammonium_transpt_CS
Members of this family include:
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae ammonium transporters MEP1, MEP2 and MEP3.
- Arabidopsis thaliana high affinity ammonium transporter (gene AMT1).
- Corynebacterium glutamicum ammonium and methylammonium transport system.
- Escherichia coli putative ammonium transporter amtB.
- Bacillus subtilis nrgA.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis hypothetical protein MtCY338.09c.
- Synechocystis sp. (strain PCC 6803) hypothetical proteins sll0108, sll0537 and sll1017.
- Methanocaldococcus jannaschii (Methanococcus jannaschii) hypothetical proteins MJ0058 and MJ1343.
- Caenorhabditis elegans hypothetical proteins C05E11.4, F49E11.3 and M195.3.
As expected by their transport function, these proteins are highly hydrophobic and seem to contain from 10 to 12 transmembrane domains.
Signatures from InterPro member databases are used to construct an entry.
- PS01219 (AMMONIUM_TRANSP)