Pathways & interactions
PLC-like phosphodiesterase, TIM beta/alpha-barrel domain superfamily (IPR017946)
Short name: PLC-like_Pdiesterase_TIM-brl
- Phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C, X domain (IPR000909)
- Phosphoinositide phospholipase C family (IPR001192)
- Phospholipase C, phosphatidylinositol-specific, Y domain (IPR001711)
- Phospholipase C, variant-surface-glycoprotein (IPR003633)
- Glycerophosphoryl diester phosphodiesterase (IPR004129)
- Phosphatidylinositol-4, 5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase gamma (IPR016279)
- Phosphatidylinositol-4, 5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase beta (IPR016280)
- Sphingomyelinase D/Phospholipase D (IPR016674)
- 1-phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase gamma-1 (IPR028380)
- Inactive phospholipase C-like protein 1/2 (IPR028382)
- 1-phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase delta-1 (IPR028391)
- 1-phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase zeta-1 (IPR028395)
- 1-phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase delta-3 (IPR028406)
- Phosphoinositide phospholipase C, plant (IPR028407)
- Glycerophosphodiester phosphodiesterase domain (IPR030395)
- Phosphoinositide phospholipase C, Ca2+-dependent (IPR032075)
- Domain of unknown function DUF4996 (IPR032160)
- PLC-gamma, C-terminal SH2 domain (IPR035023)
- PLC-gamma, N-terminal SH2 domain (IPR035024)
- Altered inheritance of mitochondria protein 6, PI-PLC-like catalytic domain (IPR039559)
This superfamily represents a structural domain consisting of a TIM beta/alpha-barrel. These domains are found in several phospholipase C (PLC) like phosphodiesterases, including:
- Mammalian phospholipase C isozyme D1 [PMID: 8784353].
- Bacterial phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C [PMID: 9335537].
- Glycerophosphodiester phosphodiesterases, such as GlpQ from Escherichia coli and UgpQ from Agrobacterium tumefaciens [PMID: 16909422].
Phospholipase C (PLC) isozymes are directly activated by heterotrimeric G proteins and Ras-like GTPases to hydrolyze phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate into the second messengers diacylglycerol and inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate. PLC enzymes often play central roles in various signalling cascades [PMID: 18691970].