Pathways & interactions
Alkaline phosphatase-like, alpha/beta/alpha (IPR017849)
Short name: Alkaline_Pase-like_a/b/a
This entry represents a structural domain with a 3-layer alpha/beta/alpha structure that forms the core domain of alkaline phosphatases. These enzymes can have several large insertions, but these extra subdomains are not covered by this entry. This structural domain is found in:
- Alkaline phosphatase (EC:18.104.22.168); most use zinc and magnesium as cofactors [PMID: 15938627, PMID: 15946677].
- Arylsulphatase (has an additional C-terminal alpha+beta subdomain) (EC:22.214.171.124) [PMID: 9521684, PMID: 12657638].
- Phosphoglycerate mutase (catalytic domain) (EC:126.96.36.199) [PMID: 12729763].
- Phosphonoacetate hydrolase (contains an alpha+beta subdomain inserted near C terminus) (EC:188.8.131.52); uses zinc as a cofactor.
- G3DSA:3.40.720.10 (G3DSA:3.40.720.10)