Pathways & interactions
FAD-linked oxidase-like, C-terminal (IPR016164)
Short name: FAD-linked_Oxase-like_C
- FAD-linked oxidase, C-terminal (IPR004113)
- Glycolate oxidase subunit GlcD (IPR004490)
- D-lactate dehydrogenase (IPR012256)
- Cholesterol oxidase, substrate-binding (IPR015213)
- Cytokinin dehydrogenase 1, FAD/cytokinin binding domain (IPR015345)
- D-lactate dehydrogenase, membrane binding, C-terminal (IPR015409)
- Cytokinin dehydrogenase, C-terminal domain superfamily (IPR016170)
- Alkyldihydroxyacetonephosphate synthase (IPR025650)
This superfamily represents a structural domain found at the C-terminal of several FAD-linked oxidases. This domain consists of two structural subdomains: subdomain 1 is a 2-layer a/b or 3-layer a/b/a sandwich, and subdomain 2 is either an orthogonal alpha-bundle or a second 2-layer a/b sandwich. It can be found in the following proteins:
- Vanillyl-alcohol family, which includes the flavoprotein vanillyl-alcohol oxidase (EC:220.127.116.11) [PMID: 10585424] as well as the flavoprotein subunit of p-cresol methylhydroxylase (EC:18.104.22.168) (the other subunit being a short chain cytochrome c) [PMID: 15723539], both of these enzymes contain covalently bound FAD.
- D-lactate dehydrogenases (EC:22.214.171.124, EC:126.96.36.199 -cytochrome), a peripheral membrane respiratory enzyme involved in electron transfer for the energization of active transport of a variety of sugars and amino acids in bacteria [PMID: 10944213].
- Cholesterol oxidases (EC:188.8.131.52), a monomeric flavoenzyme that catalyses the oxidation and isomerisation of cholesterol to cholest-4-en-3-one [PMID: 11397813].
- Cytokinin dehydrogenase 1 (EC:184.108.40.206), which has a major role in the control of plant cytokinin hormone levels by catalysing their irreversible oxidation [PMID: 15321719].
- SSF55103 (SSF55103)