Phosphotransferase/anion transporter (IPR016152)
Short name: PTrfase/Anion_transptr
- Anion exchange protein (IPR001717)
- PTS EIIA type-2 domain (IPR002178)
- Anion exchange protein 1 (IPR002977)
- Anion exchange protein 3 (IPR002979)
- Sodium bicarbonate cotransporter (IPR003024)
- Phosphotransferase system, IIA component fructose subfamily (IPR004715)
- Phosphotransferase system, IIA-like nitrogen-regulatory protein PtsN (IPR006320)
- Band 3 cytoplasmic domain (IPR013769)
- Multiphosphoryl transfer protein FruB (IPR016258)
- Uncharacterised conserved protein UCP029195, PTS-EIIA 2 (IPR016910)
This superfamily represents a structural domain found as the cytoplasmic domain in certain anion transporter proteins [PMID: 11049968], and as domain IIa in mannitol-specific and ntr (nitrogen regulatory) phosphotransferases [PMID: 9551558, PMID: 9636714].
This domain adopts a 3-layer alpha/beta/alpha structure in the order, beta-alpha(2)-beta(3)-alpha(3). This domain can be elaborated with additional secondary structure in anion transporter proteins.