tRNA methyltransferase TRMD/TRM10-type domain (IPR016009)
Short name: tRNA_MeTrfase_TRMD/TRM10
Overlapping homologous superfamilies
- tRNA (guanine-N1-)-methyltransferase, C-terminal (IPR023148)
- tRNA (guanine-N1-)-methyltransferase, N-terminal (IPR029026)
- Alpha/beta knot methyltransferases (IPR029028)
- tRNA methyltransferase TRM10-type domain superfamily (IPR038459)
- tRNA methyltransferase TRMD/TRM10-type domain (IPR016009)
- tRNA methyltransferase TRM10-type domain (IPR028564)
This domain is found in tRNA methyltransferases including tRNA (guanine-N(1)-)-methyltransferases (TRMD) and mitochondrial ribonuclease P protein 1. Proteins containing this domain also include tRNA (guanine(9)-N1)-methyltransferase (Trm10) from yeasts.
Escherichia coli K12 tRNA (guanine-N(1)-)-methyltransferase catalyses the conversion of a guanosine residue to N1-methylguanine in position 37, next to the anticodon, in tRNA [PMID: 6337136]. Mitochondrial RNase P (mtRNase P) functions in mitochondrial tRNA maturation [PMID: 18984158].
- PF01746 (tRNA_m1G_MT)